Oct. 25, 2013
COPY BY: Rana McDonald, 806-651-2129, firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Gallery Reception to Honor University Award Winners
CANYON, Texas—Faculty and staff award winners at West Texas A&M University will be honored during a special Gallery of Excellence reception from 2:30-4 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 5 in Cornette Library on campus. The annual come-and-go event recognizes the 2012-2013 excellence award winners with the hanging of their environmental portraits in the Gallery of Excellence located on the first floor in the library.
The event is hosted each fall by the WTAMU Office of Communication and Marketing for the recipients, their friends, families and colleagues. The event was created 20 years ago to give University award winners the recognition they deserve. The event venue and name have changed in recent years, but environmental portraits of the award winners continue to be taken by Rik Andersen, University photographer.
Faculty and staff whose portraits will be featured this year in the Gallery of Excellence are:
• Dr. Bruce Brasington, professor of history—Piper Professor and Regents Professor;
• Dr. Ashley Campbell, Helen Piehl Professor of Education—Instructional Excellence Award;
• Jon Davis, assistant vice president of student affairs—Staff Excellence Award;
• Kyle Moore, director of admissions—Clarence E. Thompson Award;
• Aaron Parker, delivery person in Central Receiving—Staff Employee of the Year;
• Dr. John Pipkin, professor of animal science and director of the equine program—Magister Optimus Award;
• Dr. Bonnie Roos, associate professor of English—Intellectual Contributions Award;
• Conny Sain, secretary II for math, chemistry and physics—Staff Excellence Award; and
• Lorna Strong, instructor and head of the Department of Sports and Exercise Sciences—Professional Service Award.