Jan. 24, 2013
COPY BY: Rana McDonald, 806-651-2129, firstname.lastname@example.org
WTAMU’s Rausch to be Honored by National Football Foundation
CANYON, Texas—Dr. David Rausch, Teel Bivins Professor of Political Science at West Texas A&M University, is one of 15 faculty athletics representatives who will be honored by the National Football Foundation (NFF) as part of its 2012 NFF Faculty Salute Initiative to honor the significant contributions of faculty athletics representatives across the nation.
The NFF will recognize the faculty athletic representatives from the 15 schools with a 2012 NFF National Scholar-Athlete. The 15 honorees and their scholar-athletes are:
• Baylor University, Mike Rogers—Nick Florence, QB, 3.79 GPA;
• Duke University, Martha Putallaz—Sean Renfree, QB, 3.40 GPA;
• Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Hank Smith—Ethan Peterson, OL, 3.83 GPA;
• Northern Illinois University, Matt Streb—Nabal Jefferson, DT, 3.78 GPA;
• Northwestern University, Robert Gundlach—Patrick Ward, OT, 3.94 GPA;
• Robert Morris University, Scott Branvold—Nolan Nearhoof, DE, 3.73 GPA;
• Saint Xavier University (Ill.), Barbara Becker—Shane Zackery, WR, 3.71 GPA;
• Syracuse University, Mike Wasylenko—Ryan Nassib, QB, 3.57 GPA;
• Texas Tech University, Brian Shannon—Cody Davis, S, 3.70 GPA;
• University of Alabama, Kevin Whitaker—Barrett Jones, C, 4.00 GPA;
• University of Mount Union (Ohio), Scott Mason—Nick Driskill, S, 3.77 GPA;
• University of Nebraska, Josephine Potuto—Rex Burkhead, RB, 3.43 GPA;
• University of Notre Dame, Patricia Bellia—Manti Te’o, LB, 3.32 GPA;
• University of Southern California, Clare Pastore—Matt Barkley, QB, 3.21 GPA; and
• West Texas A&M University, David Rausch—Aaron Mullane, OL, 3.84 GPA.
Fidelity Investments, sponsor of the 2012 NFF Faculty Salute Initiative, has taken on a leadership role as sponsor of the 2012 NFF Faculty Salute Initiative as a natural extension of its ongoing support of the scholar- athlete ideal and commitment to higher education nationwide. As part of the initiative, each school with an NFF National Scholar-Athlete receives recognition for their faculty athletics representative, and a $5,000 donation per school from Fidelity will be made to support the academic support services for student-athletes at each school.
“For more than 150 years, faculty athletics representatives have played a critical role in the overall educational experience of our country’s student-athletes,” said NFF President and CEO Steve Hatchell. “We are proud to join with Fidelity to highlight their contributions and pivotal support in ensuring that our nation’s student-athletes succeed on and off the field.”